Wednesday, November 16, 2011

VIKINGS



In honor of a very special video game, I decided to create a post with all of my favorite viking/nordic/medieval things. You'll excuse me if I miss my nerdier metal days as my family does hail from Sweden. This sunday I'm going to the Louisiana Renaissance Festival in Hammond, LA, a yearly tradition of my family. A good source of medieval, viking, and other period costumes is Medieval Collectables.



Beowulf: The Script Book, much better than the movie and the commentary by Neil Gaiman is great.



The Secret of Kells




Amon Amarth


Lego Viking Chess





The Hobbit movie is coming out soon. Check out this production video of the official blog.


I remember seeing this on Sundance a while ago. Until the Light Takes Us is a really interesting documentary about the rise of Black Metal and the attrocities attributed to it in Norway.




No comments:

Post a Comment