Monday, August 9, 2010

Mt. Wheeler


School is back in session, which means I'm dreaming of all the things I did this summer and what I want to do next summer. For my grandpa Jack's 70th birthday a whole group comprised of his hunting buddies, children, grandchildren, and other folks drove the 5 hours from Cedar City, Utah up to Great Basin National Park in the middle of nowhere Nevada. The goal was to hike Mt. Wheeler, the second highest point in NV (Boundary Peak being first).




The hike was only about 8 miles round trip but we gained about 3,500 feet. Hard hike, though terrain, made worse by altitude and constant changing from cold to hot. Regardless, it's still a great experience.




Great picture (L to R) of Ed (Grandpa's friend), my dad, me, and my grandfather on the summit

No comments:

Post a Comment